REGULATIONS ABOUT THE REVIEW INSTITUTE
Model regulations about Institute of review and examination of manuscripts (articles) entering the editorial portfolio of magazines
«Dual technologies»; «Strategic stability»; «Information wars»
This statute defines the organization and review technology and examination of manuscripts (articles) incoming to the editorial magazines’ portfolios.
- For organizing and conducting the review and examination of manuscripts (articles) incoming to the editorial magazines’ portfolio, orders of their founders — review institutions and expert committees are created.
- The review institute reviews manuscripts (articles)incoming to the editorial magazines’ portfolio, on their compliance with the requirements of the Higher Certifying Commission (HCC), the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, on the relevance, scientific novelty and practical significance.
The review institute includes members of magazine’s scientific and editorial board, who are also doctors of engineering, economics and military sciences in scientific directions of the magazine, representatives of the faculty of the military academies, universities, scientific staff of Russian defensive complex’s Research and Development Institutes, employees of the Central and Main Departments and Research and Development Institutes of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, who are also scientists of the highest qualification (doctors and candidates of science).
- The settlements are arranged with the military academies, universities, Central and Main Departments and Research and Development Institutes of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation about scientific and technical cooperation, including joint scientific, expertise and publishing cooperation. As a rule, cooperation settlements are arranged with the Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces of Peter the Great, the Mozhaiskiy Space Forces Military Academy, the governments of the Chief of the Armed forces of the Russian Federation, the Federal Service for the Defence Order, the Research and Development Institutes of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
Similar settlements may be arranged with the Research and Development Institutes of Russia’s defense industry and universities.
- To review a particular manuscript (article) received by the editorial magazine portfolio, the Chairman of the Scientific Editorial Board, the Deputy Chairman of the Scientific Editorial Board or the chief editor of the magazine appoints the reviewer, which is included in the review institute’s lineup. Within a week after the receipt of the manuscript (article) by the editorial portfolio the Editorial Board sends the appointed reviewer a handwritten or electronic version of the article and sets the period of the review development (usually no more than 15 days from article receipt by the reviewer). Reviewer develops review in any form, but always notes the problems of relevance, scientific novelty and practical significance of the manuscript (article). An example of the review is given in Appendix 1.
- In case of a positive reviewer’s conclusion his review and a decision about the publication of the manuscript (article) in the magazine is brought to the author by the editorial board within 15 days. In case of a negative reviewer’s conclusion Scientific Editorial Board usually decides not to publish the manuscript (article). Editorial Board sends the author a written reasonable refusal in 15 days after the decision. In exceptional cases, Scientific Editorial Board may decide to carry out a re-examination. In this case, the Chairman of Scientific Editorial Board will appoint a review team of 3 persons belonging to the review institute. According to the results of the group the final decision on the possibility of publication of the manuscript (article) in the magazine is made.
- The Expert Committee carries out the examination of manuscripts (articles) coming to the editorial magazine portfolio in order to avoid publication of the information classified as state secrets. The Expert Committee is guided by the requirements of the order № 9-08 dated 27.11.2008 in its activity.
- The editorial office sends copies of reviews of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in case of admission to the editorial office a corresponding request.
- Expert opinions and articles’ reviews are stored in the editorial office for 5 years.
According to the expertise result the conclusions are made in the form set out in Appendix 2.